FALL BALL REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Registrations will be held at the concession stand on the following dates:
Monday and Tuesday, July 28th and 29th
Monday August 4th
Tuesday August 5th
Thursday August 7th
and Monday August 11th - registrations will not be accepted after this date.
Time will be from 6:00pm to 7:30pm during league games on each of above dates.
Mark Your calendars, come down and sign up!
On-Line registrations are also available for Fall Ball. Please remember to select the Fall 2014 Season when registering on-line. Also when registering on line, payment must be made with a credit card or debit card at the time of registration. Registrations made on line without on-line payment will not be assured of placement on a team as we have only a short time to get the teams registered and assigned.
Fall Ball details are:
Cost $40.00 per player - league will provide a uniform shirt. Player to follow standard league rules regarding appropriate pants or shorts.
Divisions offered are:
10U - 10 and Under(8U players can play up in the 10U)
Coaches interested in coaching a team are encouraged to contact the Player Agent, Paul Masoian, Vice President Jennifer Brown, or the President Maryellen Minton.
The 2014 RIASA Fall League will begin on the weekend of September 5th, teams will play a double headers on either Saturdays or Sundays, (whatever works for teams), for 5 weeks, the 6th week, Columbus Day weekend, we will have the Fall Cup tournament as we have for the past 4 years.
Join us and let's play some ball!!!
Attention Managers, Coaches and Scorekeepers
DGSL and RI ASA require all managers, coaches and scorekeepers to have a National Background Check performed before coachinig players. Below are the instructions for getting it done on-line. Background check only is $8.00, when having the check done with completion of a coaching training session, it is $20.00 total. Please forward a copy of the card with the background check on it to the league secretary, Mark Therrien.
ACE CERTIFICATION/BACKROUND CHECKS
To obtain either ACE certification or a background check:
- Login to www.registerasa.com
- Returning coaches can try their user name and password that they had last year, if it works, fine. If not you will need to create a new one.
- Coaches that have not yet completed Level 1 of ACE certification will also have to create a user name and password
- An e-mail will be sent to you from the national office resetting your user name and password, and then you will be able to get into the registerasa.com site. Once you have entered the site, you will need to select a coaching role so that you will be eligible for ACE certification
- Click the “purchase” link on your “personal steps” section of your “home plate” page.
- Read then agree to the background check
- As soon as your background check clears, you will have a link appear on your “personal steps” grid that will take you to the ACE certification test site.
- Click the ACE certification/background check link
- To activate your certification test click “complete now”
- If for some reason the ACE certification level that you have attained is incorrect, call 405-425-3459 and let the ACE administrator know.
At least one coach on the coaching staff of a team that enters “championship play” must be ACE certified for the current year, all other adult personal that are in the dugout need to have a current year background check performed by the company that ASA has contracted with. The definition of ASA Championship play is: State tournaments, regional tournaments, national qualifiers, and national tournaments. It is highly recommended that more than just one coach per team obtain ACE certification